Water Filtration System Installation in Austin
Improve Your Home’s Water Quality with Our Comprehensive Services
Many Austin homes have issues with the water that comes directly from the tap. Though municipal standards regard tap water as relatively safe, it can still contain levels of arsenic, lead, and other contaminants that many people consider unacceptable. Installing a water filtration system in your home can protect you and your family from trace contaminants in tap water, offering safer water for drinking, bathing, and washing.
At S & D Plumbing, we offer comprehensive water filtration services in Austin and throughout the surrounding areas. Whether you would like a new system installed or need repair or maintenance on your existing filtration system, our team will get the job done.
Interested in learning more about water filtration in Austin? Need repairs
or maintenance for an existing system?
Call us at (512) 648-4663 today!
Choosing the Right Water Filtration System
There are a number of different types of water filtration systems, all with their own set of advantages and disadvantages. The expert Austin plumbers at S & D Plumbing can help you determine which system will be the most effective for your home.
The most common types of water filtration systems include:
- Carbon Filtration—This water filtration system, which utilizes carbon filters, is very popular with people who live in an urban environment. Carbon can absorb chloramines and chlorine present in the water and is an effective treatment for filtering out specific organic contaminants like paradichlorobenzene, trihalomethanes, and more. It is important to regularly replace the carbon filters as they will not work properly when saturated with impurities.
- Reverse Osmosis—This filtration system forces water through a designated holding tank with a specific amount of pressure. It will remove foreign contaminants, minerals, solid substances, and more. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), reverse osmosis is effective for removing lead from water. High levels of lead in drinking water can cause a variety of health problems. Reverse osmosis produces water that is low-sodium and low-mineral while providing a good taste. Many water bottling companies use reverse osmosis with their water before the bottling process.
- Distillation—A water distiller will boil water and then re-condense it into purified steam. This type of system can remove heavy metals like cadmium, copper, chromium, arsenic, and more. The boiling process kills pathogens and bacteria as the steam rises. During the process, water is removed from the contaminants rather than contaminants from the water. A distiller will have a preheating phase designed to evaporate the volatile organic compounds in the water. Should a person's water be lost for any reason, a distiller can be used to purify water from a river, lake, or stream.
- Ultraviolet Disinfection (UV)—UV disinfection systems can effectively protect people against bacteria, viruses, mold, and other contaminants in their drinking water. UV technology, which uses ultraviolet light to disinfect water, has been around for decades. UV can disinfect water at a faster rate than many other filtration systems. This system is very effective in treating water without using any harsh chemicals, such as chlorine. There are a variety of different UV systems that can work well to resolve any water issues, and custom UV systems can be made if necessary.
- Microbiological Water Filter—This filtration system removes unwanted impurities and dangerous microbes from water. It is also designed to remove certain bacteria that can cause illness. It is an expandable system that can be designed to meet a home's specific clean water needs. There is no wastewater produced during the filtration system, making this system very eco-friendly. Microbiological water filter systems are designed to meet or exceed all Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements for reduction of bacteria, viruses, and more.
The experts at S & D Plumbing can help you weigh your options and can help you with water filtration services in Austin and nearby. We have more than 40 years of experience in the industry and have built a reputation as an honest, reliable plumbing company.
Find out why customers love us—call S & D Plumbing or contact us online to schedule your water treatment system installation or repair service today!