Drain Cleaning in Austin
Providing Superior Drain Services
Many homeowners don’t think about their drains—until a problem arises, that is. Whether you are currently dealing with a clogged drain, or would simply like to avoid future problems, a professional plumber from Sub:BusinessName} can help.
People choose S & D Plumbing for our:
- Same-day service for emergency drain cleaning
- Upfront pricing
- 100% customer satisfaction guarantee
- Technicians who show up uniformed & on-time
Schedule your drain cleaning service with our team—call S & D Plumbingat (512) 648-4663 today!
Signs You May Need Drain Cleaning
Some drain problems are obvious. When water won’t go down the drain at all or is extremely slow to drain, you’re likely dealing with a major clog that should be addressed as soon as possible. Other issues can be harder to detect, however. It’s important to recognize the signs of drain issues so you can have them quickly resolved by a professional and avoid further damage.
Some common signs that you need drain cleaning include:
- Water drains more slowly than normal
- Reoccurring or frequent clogs
- Unpleasant odors or sewage smell
- Flooding in the basement or near drains
No matter the issue, it’s always wise to have a professional plumber address it as soon as possible in order to prevent more serious problems like water damage.
Reasons to Schedule Regular Drain Cleaning
Many homeowners don’t consider having their drains cleaned regularly—so long as they’re working, why schedule a service? There are actually numerous benefits to regular drain cleaning, however, that can save you time, stress, and money.
Some of the advantages of regular drain cleaning include that it can:
- Prevent major clogs by eliminating buildup
- Reduce the need for emergency service
- Help you monitor the condition of pipes
- Increase the overall lifespan of pipes
- Counteract damage and prevent future problems
How Can You Naturally Unclog Your Drains?
Having your pipes routinely cleaned by a professional is the best way to avoid major problems in the future and ensure that pipes function at optimal levels.
If you want something to clean your drains clean in between regular drain maintenance, we recommend an enzyme-based cleaner that can help to create good bacteria that will fight off any bad bacteria in your drain. Chemical drain cleaners can be hazardous and may actually damage certain types of pipes; we do not recommend using them.
Find out why 100+ customers have given us rave reviews! Check out our testimonials.
How Can You Clear a Slow Drain?
If you need an immediate solution while you wait for a plumber, there are a few options you can try to clear up a slow drain:
- Shower/Sink Drains: Pull any hair out of your sink or shower drains, with a hair clog remover tool, like this one. You can also try using the end of a metal hanger hook, however, this could potentially scratch up the inside of your pipes.
- Kitchen Sink Drains: Try using a cup plunger for clogs in your sink. Make sure that there is no water in the sink, remove any drain covers, and firmly plunge the drain up and down for 30 seconds. Run water down the drain and repeat as necessary. You can also try pouring boiling water down your sink in conjunction with plumbing or on its own to help break up any grease buildup.
Since 1980, we’ve been providing exceptional drain cleaning in Austin and the surrounding areas. Our technicians have the training and experience to handle a comprehensive range of slow drain and clog problems, both quickly and correctly, including highly-effective modern drain clearing methods such as hydro jetting.
How to Keep Your Drains Clear
Since blockages in your drains can be such a nuisance, it is important to be aware of their causes and take certain preventative measures to keep water flowing smoothly.
To avoid unwanted stoppages, keep the following tips in mind:
- Never use your toilets or drains as wastebaskets
- Dispose of kitchen grease, fruit and vegetable peels, and starchy foods in the trash instead of down the drain
- Only grind soft, small food particles down your disposal
- Install hair and debris guards in your kitchen and bathroom drains, especially your shower drain, and clean them regularly
- Pour a mixture of boiling water, vinegar, and baking soda down your drains once per month to clear away buildup and eliminate odors
Contact S & D Plumbing Today
Whether you are dealing with an emergency situation, or you would like to have a plumber out to address a minor issue before it worsens, you can count on our skilled team.
We can instruct you on the best ways to avoid clogs, address your current drain issues, and help you avoid future problems with your home pipes. Our friendly and respectful Austin plumbers get in, get the job done, and get you back to your life.
Schedule your Austin drain cleaning service with us today by calling (512) 648-4663.