Careers at S & D Plumbing
Join Our Exciting Team of Austin Plumbers!
Are you interested in an exciting and fast-paced career as a plumber in Austin or the nearby areas? Want to join our office staff and help individuals dealing with plumbing problems throughout the region? Join the team at S & D Plumbing! We are routinely looking for qualified candidates who can help us carry out our mission to provide the best plumbing services in Austin with a level of customer service that is unmatched in the industry.
If you enjoy working with your hands, interacting with others, and solving problems, a career at S & D Plumbing might be the perfect opportunity for you! Find out why there’s no better time to start your plumbing career, browse our current job listings, and apply today to join the S & D Plumbing team! Fill out the form below to get started!
Questions about our open positions? Want to learn more about what we do? Give us a call at (512) 648-4663 today!
Plumbing Service Technician
We are currently hiring experienced plumbers who understand the importance of delivering quality service to our customers. We pay better than the marketplace because having the best techs helps our team become more amazing every day.
- Perform field repairs, installations, and other plumbing services in residential and light commercial settings
- Operate and maintain a company service vehicle
- 3-5+ years of service plumbing experience is preferred
- Applicable plumbing licenses/certifications required for our coveted Plumber positions
- Strong customer service & communication skills
- Must have a clean driving record and able to pass a drug test and background check
Plumbing Tech Crew Lead
- Daily communicate project updates to customer and supervisor upon arrival and prior to departing for the day
- Remove old plumbing, install new plumbing to code
- Maintain equipment, hand tools, power tools, and keep in good working order
- Follow safety rules and notify supervisor or others when a safety hazard is observed
- Use iPad to document the job, take photos and doodle on images to keep record of your work
- Take initiative to learn, train, and communicate well with your team
- Reinforces company culture with crew (attire, communication, work ethic, attitude)
- Check and recheck all plumbing repairs and installations after you’ve repaired or replaced it, before leaving the customers home to ensure everything is working properly
- Maintain a clean and organized jobsite and a well inventoried truck
- Fill out truck stock form weekly and restock the truck
- Maintain professionalism at all times in accordance with our Company Core Values
- Be in full uniform at all time while working
- Reply to all forms of communications from the office or supervisor within 2 hours of receiving
- Must attend weekly team meeting once a week
- Utilize caution tape, fencing and plywood to create a safe environment for our customers while you are not actively working on the job
- 2 years of plumbing experience is preferred (Tradesman or close to hours)
- Applicable plumbing license/certifications for our coveted plumbing positions
- Mechanically inclined
- Is comfortable and capable of operating small machinery is preferred
- Must be able to work independently and willing to train the younger generation of plumbers
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Safety-minded and a thorough knowledge of OSHA safety regulations
- Must have a clean driving record. be able to pass a background check and drug test
- In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position the candidate must have full range of mobility in the upper and lower body.
- Be able to reach overhead
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, walking, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Be able to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout the assigned workday
- Must be able to work in tight spaces under a pier and beam home or in a tunnel under the foundation of a home
- Route pipe using elbows, couplets, and other fittings
- Follows federal, state, and local building codes
- Installs, repairs, assembles, and maintains plumbing fixtures in heating, water, and drainage systems by following blueprints and/or oral instructions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of different types of copper and the application of variations in soldering
- Ability to operate basic hand tools including grinder, sander, drill motor, rivet gun
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
High School Apprentice through Apprentice Program
- High School Student