Sewer lines play an integral part in promoting good hygienic conditions in our daily lives. Checking repairing leaking them is one of the key things that should be regularly done. In case of breakage or damage, one should consider getting the services of a trained and professional repair team. The effects of leaking sewers are immediately felt in the environment. Leaking sewers can cause serious and adverse health effects and can be toxic.
Causes and Symptoms of a Broken Sewer Line
Sewer lines carry out waste products from a home to a treatment plant. Raw sewage is highly toxic and needs to be handled with care. Leaking of a sewer is both hazardous to the people and the natural ecosystem in general. There are several causes of sewage breakage or sewage leakages. They include:
- Rupturing of sewerage pipe due to natural and made initiated factors including shifting of soil due to soil erosion, farming, and heavy equipment constructions
- Corrosion of the sewer pipe causing it to leak
- Breakage of conjoining ends of the pipes or loosening of the ends that conjoin two pipes
The symptoms of a leaking or broken sewer line can be felt immediately. Some of the common symptoms that can tell you there is a problem in your sewer line include:
- Clogged drains and slow flow of waste materials along the sewers in the drains
- Unusual and irritating smell along the sewer lines
- A change in your lawn along the lines of the sewer.
- An unusual noise when flushing the toilet and bubbling of water in your toilet
If your home is exhibiting these symptoms, our highly trained plumbers are able to help you diagnose the problem and figure out the right course of action. We are ready to help you repair or replace your sewer line. We have been in the plumbing service for more than 40 years and our experience is unmatched. We even offer trenchless sewer line repair, which is less expensive and non-invasive! Contact us today to learn more.