Home energy costs are continually rising. More and more people are seeking ways to reduce costs and increase energy efficiency. A conventional tank hot water heater is a home energy waster. A tankless hot water heater can help to save money through increased energy efficiency.
- Store water in a tank so they have to heat water more frequently, so they use a lot more energy to keep the water hot
- Radiant heat loss causes the tank to use energy even when no hot water is being used.
- Can suffer from water sediment build-up which eventually corrodes internal parts.
- Risk of burns due to high temperature settings.
- Are bulky and take up a lot of space
Tankless Water Heaters
- Are also referred to as "on demand" water heaters because they are designed to heat only the water needed at the time of use. The use of a tankless water heater can reduce the cost of energy use by up to 50% when compared to a conventional water heater!
- No risk of erosion from water sediment and operate with optimal efficiency.
- Reduced chance of accidental burns due to lower operating temperatures.
- Take up less space than their bulky conventional counterparts.
It is therefore no surprise that people are beginning to move to the use of tankless water heaters. They have many advantages over conventional water heaters.
Looking to install a tankless water heater system in your home? Contact S &D Plumbing, your experienced water heater specialist in Austin, TX, today at (512) 648-4663.